Monday, July 2, 2012

Milk Machine and a little Hungry Hippo

Yay! It's official!

I thought this title was very appropriate for this morning since I'm typing this with one hand and pumping with the other.  Levi is sleeping at the moment-although you'd never guess that by the amount of wiggling he's doing-and I'd like to nap, too.  However I am the sole provider for the little guy, so here I sit.  Tim has been giving him a bottle in the evening, which he enjoys (both him and Levi) so I know this is important. 

Our little Republican, complete with elephant pjs.
Nursing has been a struggle lately.  Levi much prefers to drink a little and suckle a lot.  This means more frequent feedings.  Some have been every hour from 12am to 6am.  The hospital's lactation department gave me a lot of good information about trying to wake him up.  Unfortunately he seems to be immune to the majority of them.  So I'm making another call today. 
I try not to get frustrated because I know he can sense that and it really doesn't help the situation anyways.  Thankfully the majority of people say it gets better, so we're just biting the bullet and plowing ahead.
Stre-----tch!
As is evidenced above, he makes the cutest little faces and we try to catch what we can on camera.  He's a little more vocal now and opens his eyes more, too.
My recovery is going well.  I'm able to drive again as well as do stairs.  Both my mom and sister were able to come help with things around the house and I'm very grateful for it.

We see the doctor again tomorrow and hopefully he'll have gained some weight.  He's healthy, just a little more lean than the doctor would like.
There's a lot more than this going on, but the Ferguson house is kinda nuts right now, so I hope you enjoy these little tidbits.
Lastly, I apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors.  You know it's my pet peeve, but typing with one hand kind of precludes that. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment