Here we are, two days after D-Day and Baby Ferg is still as cozy as ever in there. And still a wiggle worm. No new symptoms to report. No contractions or embarrassing water leakage. Just time. And while I'm enjoying it, I'm still so anxious for this little blessing to get here.
Thankfully the vast majority of people at church yesterday were still normal towards me. Unfortunately that did not include the very first person I saw as I walked in the door. I was greeted with, not "Good Morning" or "How are you?" but, "You're still here?!" :-/ Tim told me I should've said, "It's a pregnancy, not a disease!" Of course I didn't think of that at the time. I just graciously smiled, said "yep" and kept on going. I wonder if people realize that we're not stalling this on purpose, that we actually do realize that my due date was two days ago, that there's really nothing else to do but wait... Unless you count those who give you the advice of jumping on a pogo stick. Wha?
Our church uses a Phone Tree system for prayer chain calls and other announcements, etc. We got a call Saturday afternoon about the Sunday morning men's prayer. Normal. What I didn't realize was that a couple people, who mentioned this to me on Sunday, thought it was a call about us having the baby. Um, not gonna use the church phone tree to announce Baby Ferg. It will obviously end up being announced on Facebook, but we're not in any hurry. We're more concerned about enjoying this time and sharing it with family and close friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment