Yesterday was 38 weeks. Unbelievable. It's gone so quickly yet at the same time very slowly. I can remember a lot of 'firsts.' And now I'm having a lot of 'lasts.' Some things I'll miss: feeling the baby move and having that bond, being able to eat whatever and not having to worry about it. And some things I won't: not sleeping comfortably-although right now I am, in fact, getting sleep, so I guess I'll miss that.
A lot has happened since my last post and I want to catch up on everything before Baby Ferg gets here.
My church had a baby shower for me on May 6. There was quite a crowd and I got a lot of fun things.
 |
| Katie was taking pictures and I had a bad habit of covering my face with the gifts. |
 |
| A cute homemade bear made by a sweet lady at the church. |
 |
| The ever-so-important Boppy pillow, and my fat ankles. |
 |
| Katie's gift |
 |
| A shampoo visor |
 |
| A homemade quilt |
 |
| "..." There just aren't words. |
 |
| Baby Ferg is all set for Halloween. |
I also got the pack 'n play, bumbo seat, lots of fun books and some gift cards for clothes after Baby Ferg gets here.
Doctor's appointments have been going well. Baby is head down, which was great news and the weight gain has been minimal, even though it seems like I'm eating more now. I go again tomorrow and they'll check to see how much, if any, I've dilated. I found out at my last appointment that the hard belly feeling have been Braxton-Hicks contractions. I thought I was feeling the baby's back. They are painless, thankfully, and I can just barely tell that they're happening. Sometimes my heart rate increases or my belly will feel different, but that's really it. There have been two instances where I've felt real contractions. One woke me up a few nights ago and another less intense one happened a day later. They were both brief and just single ones.
The suitcase (and other bags) is 99% packed. There's just some last minute items to go in. No, the Rubbermaid tote isn't going.
The nursery is pretty much all set, too. The curtains from mom look great and all the books and other toys really filled up the bookcase. There's still a few things to be done, but right now Cooper is watching over things.
We're getting new carpet installed on Tuesday and I have one more coat of paint to do in the living room tomorrow morning. So let's hope Baby Ferg decides to wait out the full 40 weeks. Or at least 39. He's still a little monkey in there and I seriously would not be surprised if one of his giant kicks breaks my water. I'm excited for Baby Ferg to get here, but getting a little nervous about going to the hospital. I feel as prepared as I can be, thanks to the class and the books I've read. I try to keep my mind focused on the end result and look forward to that.
I hope to blog again soon, but my schedule is, well, a little unpredictable right now. :-)
 |
| Soon we'll get to see this little cutie-and give him/her a new name! |
No comments:
Post a Comment