And we were livin' it up in the Big Easy. Tim and I took our last 'just the two of us' trip last week to New Orleans. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time just walking around the French Quarter. We got our fill of cajun food, with Tim even trying some crawfish. My favorite was the red beans and rice.
Baby Ferg got into the Mardi Gras spirit, but not too much. :-)
I had my glucose test the Tuesday before we left and it wasn't as bad as I thought. The 'stuff' was kind of like flat Sprite. I haven't heard back from the doctor, so I'm assuming no news is good news. My next appointment is this Tuesday, so I'll be sure to get the scoop then. After I was done at the lab that day I went to the doctor's office to make my next appointment and weigh myself. I asked the receptionist if I could 'borrow the scale' and she gave me this look like I was going to actually take it. I simply used it, and found out that I hadn't gained any weight in two weeks. A relief. Not that I don't want to or don't think I will gain weight, I just don't want to balloon up by 40 pounds.
Baby Ferg continues to be a little roly-poly in there. His new favorite place to play is underneath my right rib cage. It makes any type of slouching a little uncomfortable. It sometimes feels like he's trying to tickle me with his hands and feet by both of my hip bones. Tim has yet to feel all the wiggling, which I'm sad about, because I get to feel it all the time.
My ankles are starting to swell more and I'm trying to cut down on my sodium intake. It's hard! It was especially difficult on our trip. I try to eat one especially healthy meal each day. Or at least have the majority of my snacks be healthy. The nausea has reared its ugly head again, so I'm trying to eat smaller meals and revert back to my first trimester and, well, second trimester habits to try and keep it down.
So that I don't end on a yucky note, I'll mention that our hospital offers a bunch of different classes and we've signed up for a basic childbirth class. I'll be attending one on breastfeeding next week.
I'll post again after my doctor's appointment and promise to include a baby bump picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment