Sunday, February 26, 2012

26 Weeks

and only 14 to go.  So long as Baby Ferg decides he/she likes it in there for the full time.  Even though we've started to work on the nursery it is definitely no where near done, nor do we have anything for the little one, so I sometimes worry about Baby Ferg deciding to come a little early.  Or in this case, a lot early.  Then mild panic sets in and I feel more motivated to get things done.  So the end result is good, I suppose, just not how I get there.
Tim and I have already put at least two IKEA employees' children through college and I'm making another trip tomorrow to help out a third.  The whole organizing/purging/cleaning thing feels great and we're starting to make some headway in clearing out the nursery.  No pictures on here yet, because it's not quite ready for public viewing. (read: I'm embarrassed at all the random junk still in there.)
My doctor's appointment last Tuesday went well.  The scale and my chart conspired together to give me a weight gain of 13 pounds.  Yowzers.  Although the more I think about it, I think they might've started me off a little low for my beginning weight.  I'm at 125 right now, but was between 110 and 115 before Baby Ferg.  The majority of things still fit, albeit somewhat snugly.  But my barometer of how things are going is that if my doctor is happy, I'm happy.  And she was.  The doctor I saw had an in vitro fertilization procedure done and so we were able to chat for a couple of minutes about our respective stories.
Tim and I hope to get away sometime soon and take a last 'just the two of us' vacation.  We thought about the beach, but then I quickly realized that March is prime Spring Break season.  Um, yeah, I don't think so.  So we're still planning.
I started doing my registry today.  Holy smokes there's a ton of stuff!  I'm able to do it online, so I thought I would just register and browse a bit.  I'm amazed at everything available.  My Facebook friends have been very helpful with their advice of the top three things I should register for.  A boppy is by far the most popular answer.  I'm sure I'll be working on it for a while.  I'm registered at Target and Babies R Us, but not much is there yet, so don't get too excited.
Lastly, here's the Baby Ferg bump at 26 weeks.  Everyone-and I almost literally mean everyone-at church today was so excited.  "Oh!  You finally look pregnant!"  "You're so cute!"  It's fun.  And the belly-touchers are pretty much non-existent, which is wonderful.




No comments:

Post a Comment