The movie was wrapping up. It's Christmas morning. The boys run downstairs in their pjs and immediately search for their gifts. (Randy: 'Oh, boy, that's mine!') Mom and Dad come wearily down the stairs after their late night of playing Santa. I hadn't really thought about the movie through their eyes before, always having identified with Randy and Ralphie. But as I sat and watched it this year I teared up during those last few minutes. My perspective completely changed. Sure, it was still funny, but I saw the love that Mom and Dad had for Ralphie as he opened his secret gift. How they had a fun dinner as a family despite their ruined turkey. I saw myself in that role instead. And I can't wait.
Saturday, December 10, 2011
You'll shoot your eye out!
The movie was wrapping up. It's Christmas morning. The boys run downstairs in their pjs and immediately search for their gifts. (Randy: 'Oh, boy, that's mine!') Mom and Dad come wearily down the stairs after their late night of playing Santa. I hadn't really thought about the movie through their eyes before, always having identified with Randy and Ralphie. But as I sat and watched it this year I teared up during those last few minutes. My perspective completely changed. Sure, it was still funny, but I saw the love that Mom and Dad had for Ralphie as he opened his secret gift. How they had a fun dinner as a family despite their ruined turkey. I saw myself in that role instead. And I can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment