Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chugging along

Baby Ferg was a little wily at the doctor's on Monday, but the nurse chased him/her down and I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time.  Loud and strong at 162.  I think I could've laid there for half an hour and listened to it.  It was such a stronger connection than anything I've experienced so far. 
The rest of the appointment was pretty routine.  I gained only two pounds, but they weren't concerned, saying that my appetite will return soon.  The doctor actually said that I could gain up to 50 pounds and it would still be normal.  I couldn't contain my surprise and said right out loud, 'Fifty pounds?!  Oh my gosh.'  It will be weird enough to gain 20 pounds since I've been pretty much at the same weight since high school, let alone practically half my body weight right now.  I don't really want to have to channel Richard Simmons to fit into my pre-Baby Ferg clothes.

My next ultrasound isn't until after the first of the new year.  The doctor wants me to go downtown to Magee Women's Hospital since they specialize in the procedure.  His concern is just making sure that everything is ok since I'm still on my seizure meds.

Thanks to a couple of good friends I already have half a closet of maternity clothes.  We also got a cute little hanging ladybug from my cousin and his wife.  Next step is to decide on a theme for the nursery.  Hopefully there will be more frequent updates in the future as Baby Ferg makes his/her presence a little more known (a.k.a. a bigger belly).

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear things are going well! Don't worry about losing the weight. It'll come off. It comes off even faster if you decide to nurse. :) I was back down to my pre-pregnancy weight within a couple weeks and I gained 40 with Robbie and 20 with Isla.

    ReplyDelete