Since the weather has been warmer around here the past few days Levi has had a chance to 'flap in the breeze,' as Tim calls it.
He looks like such a little boy in these pictures.
A friend of mine had a baby on Tuesday. I looked at her pictures I wondered if it was too early for me to miss Levi being that age. I absolutely love him now, discovering more things and being so expressive. But I remember those early days, too.
I just started reading The Second Nine Months by Vicki Glembocki. Summary: One woman tells the real truth about becoming a mom. Finally. What I've read so far is hilarious. Her daughter, Blair, was born jaundiced and had extra doctor's visits at first. In response to her description of how nursing is going, the doctor says, "Hmmmm." Her response: "I envision what Dr. Weidner is writing in that manila folder of his: Mother inadequate. Bad boobs."
That made me laugh right out loud. Quite a bit of what she says is spot on with some humor added in. Which is necessary for motherhood survival. I've found that if I don't laugh, I'll cry. Thankfully Levi's big smiles and funny antics keep me laughing.
No comments:
Post a Comment