Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bang!

Levi has decided he wants to start off his fifth month with a bang!  That sentence really isn't that extraordinary, but it just feels wrong to put a period next to bang!
He was a big boy last Sunday and spent Sunday school and the church service in the nursery.  He's just a little too active now for me to keep him with me.  They have a bouncer there, so I'm sure he had fun.  I went in to check on him after Sunday school and he was dozing off.  He slept for about an hour, I guess, and they buzzed me near the end of the service because he was hungry.  I told Tim that it was weird not having him in Sunday school and it kinda felt like it 'used to be' with just us.  I was so glad to see him afterwards.
I realized that there will be 6 new babies in the span of a year at our church.  Four boys and two girls.
Grandma and grandpa came for a quick visit Sunday afternoon.
And brought this for Levi.  As I said on Facebook: cuteness of this magnitude can't be put into words.
His four-month check up went super well.  The doctor was happy with everything she saw and that I reported to her.  He weighs 13 lbs. 15 oz. (28%) and is 25.5 inches long (70%).  I think he might be kind of tall.  Levi did ok with his shots.  They were the second round of his two-month appointment.  The second one was the bad one, but as soon as I picked him up he calmed down.  The doctor also asked me if he was still taking just breastmilk.  I said yes and asked if I should be concerned about starting solids if he's content with nursing.  Apparently it's important to start earlier because babies need more iron at this age and breastmilk doesn't provide that much. 
So we're going to break into things gradually. 
Step #1:
Spoon!
I've read (and think it's a good idea) that you introduce things gradually so that there's not a shock all at one time.  I found a really good high chair that can be attached to a regular dining room chair and that can go all the way up to a booster seat.  Once we get that I'll give him some opportunities to sit in it.  I think he'll do fine with everything.  He likes to watch me eat when I'm holding him at dinner and that's a good sign.
Not much more to report since I actually am somewhat up-to-date on this.  I'll end with a cute video that I took the other day. (I'm having problems uploading it, so I apologize if it doesn't work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment