Monday, May 6, 2013

Almost...

Levi will be 11 months old in one week!  Time has just flown.  Each day he does new things and learns more and more.
Since, again, it's been forever since my last post, I decided to jump month-to-month.

February:
This was the napping position of the day.
Grr, I'm a lion!
Happy 7 months!

We learned how to take the shapes out of the musical box.
Fun daddy and Levi time
March 2013:
Aunt Katie came to visit.  She didn't even mind the backwash.

In his turtle tunnel.
We're obviously still working on those molars.  His teeth are a favorite chew toy right now.  It feels like I'm drugging him, but Advil helps make night time a lot better for everybody.
Yeah, I made this mess.  Whatcha gonna do about it?

A week before St. Patty's, but the weather was warm and
he wanted to wear his cute onesie from Aunt Katie.
Happy 9 months!


Yay for nice weather so we can chillax in our stroller.
Levi and Grandpa.

Goobs is not too sure about this whole 'crawling' thing.
He finally graduated from his little blue tub.  In April he started going solo and absolutely loves it!
Bath with Daddy!
April:

First time in the Pack 'n Play.  Mommy waited too long to introduce it,
so he doesn't like it very much.  We need it for vacation, so...

First time outside.  He's not too keen on the grass yet.

Visit to Grandma and Grandpa's.  Levi got a ride on the rocking footstool.


Ah, Daddy's computer!


We're standing (with help) now and nothing is safe.

Out to lunch with Mommy & Daddy.
Of course, he's looking at the waitress.
May has just started and now that the weather is nice we like to take walks in the morning.  We've taken him to the park a couple of times, but I think he gets overwhelmed with all the new things, so we don't stay very long. 
We have two gates that block off the living room-the safest room in the house.  I'm sure we won't be able to do that forever, but right now it's just easier.  If things get really busy, we'll put him in the pack 'n play.  At first he cries a lot, but we have toys in there and once he realizes it's ok he quiets down.  We're going on vacation next week and are staying in a hotel, so he doesn't really have a choice about it, does he?
(Trying to remember other things...)
We went to the allergist in March because we had concerns about possible asthma.  He went to the ped with a bad cough and we got a nebulizer.  We did a few treatments and it seemed to help.  Because one of his sisters has issues with this and it's caused by allergens, we decided to see a specialist.  To make a long story short, it's not asthma, he doesn't have allergies to any of the 9 things they tested him for (little skin pricks) and the cough is either viral or due to secretions from teething.  Alrighty then.
I'm still nursing him and am so thankful that it has gone well.  It's pretty much 'mandatory' until age 1, either that or formula, but I'm pretty sure he'll keep going after that.  Which is fine, except I'd really like to cut out the night time feeding.  He's done it before, sleeping 7pm to 5am, but those times are few and far between. 
He loves to go to the store, which makes my life a lot easier.  Of course, I make sure he's rested, changed and fed before we go.  I think he wishes the cart was turned the other way so he could see where we're going.  So nebby. (a term we learned at Max and Erma's.  Pittsburghese for 'overly curious.')
Levi is understanding 'no' more now and doesn't like it.  Shocker, I know.  Sometimes 'no' includes a little smack on the hand.  Obviously we don't plan to use that form of discipline forever, but at this age there's not much else they understand.  I'm thankful that Tim and I are on the same page with that.
He does fine in the church nursery.  I used to keep him home during that hour so that he could get a nap in before the worship service.  His schedule is changing, going about 2.5 to 3 hours between naps, so we can make it through the entire morning without a nap.  He's pretty much a bear when we get home, but for one day a week I think he'll/we'll live.
Levi gets more 'big people' food now.  We did some of those Stage 3 meals for a while, but he got tired of them, wanting what mommy and daddy were eating.  They were pretty nasty anyways.  We added some salt-free Mrs. Dash and hopefully that made it better.
Now he has fruit cereal for breakfast, veggie cereal for lunch and dinner, plus whatever other table food we're eating.  He eats pretty much whatever we're having.  I can't think of anything he's tossed off his tray.  He does great with the sippy cup.  I put water in it and he's taking it just fine.  We'll start whole milk (which will be quite a change from the skim we have now) at 1 year so that will be yet another adventure.
He's such a happy baby and his giggles brighten our day.  It's crazy to think about what our life was like one year ago.  Not knowing who he was (or even that he was a he) or when he would come.  Being able to sleep and just do whatever, whenever.  Which I fondly recall every now and again.  But I wouldn't go back for anything in the world.  I can't imagine our life without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment